My service is right for you if you want to stand on your own two feet rather than relying on others. But also, if you:
- Want to improve how you feel and how you think
- Feel it’s difficult to manage or express your emotions.
- Feel more nervous or fearful than you’d like.
- Hold onto shame or guilt about the past.
- Use unhelpful coping strategies e.g., drinking.
- Have low self-esteem.
- Criticise yourself too much.
- Want more out of life
- Have tried self-help but found it not as effective as you’d like.
- Feel unmotivated.
- Feel unsure what you want in life or who you are.
- Self-sabotage or have fear of failing.
- Want more resilience and grit.
- Have self doubt or imposter syndrome.
- Are too much of a perfectionist.
- Want to be better at dealing with family, romantic partners, friends, colleagues or new people
- Feel you don’t have enough support from the people around you.
- Feel you can’t talk to family about your concerns.
- Often seek approval from others.
- Want to avoid parenting your own kids the way you were raised.
- Feel you have to say ‘yes’ to other people and be nice to everyone.
- Feel you can’t speak up and have to keep your head down.
- Feel you’re struggling because of racism and discrimination.
The way we’ll work together
I use evidence-based methods and draw on my professional experience to increase your wellbeing. Together, we can:
- Identify what you want in your life
- Tap into what drives you to want change
- Tackle what’s getting in the way
- Put in place strategies that will help get you on the right path.
I believe everyone has the potential to enhance their life in the way they want, if given the right kind of support. I will walk alongside you and coach you to help you push through hurdles. In other words, my aim is to have you in the driver’s seat, and I’ll be your experienced guide sitting next to you. As you talk about your experiences, I will highlight views that you may not have considered, without judgement. Together, we will focus in on the things that will make the biggest difference for you. We will also plan for how to manage the unavoidable obstacles that you’ll face when working on a goal, so you can hold on to the progress that you make.
The way I’ll work with you comes from my experience with Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Motivational Interviewing, training and coaching adults, and applying Self-Determination Theory and Social Learning Theory. We will look at what concerns you have and apply it together.